20 Things to do Outdoors this Fall to Prep for a Spring Sale
- exterior painting or staining: fences, decks, siding, window trim, spas, shed, outdoor furniture, gazebo, pergola
- plant new spring bulbs for colour if selling in April or May
- clean windows and siding, re-caulk where necessary
- lawns: aerate, fertilize, re-sod, apply corn gluten or nematodes
- patch and seal driveway
- clean gutters
- trim hedges, shrubs and perennials
- thin out gardens and mulch, water well before winter
- call lawn or garden professionals if required
- edge lawns and gardens to save time in the spring
- tidy up your garden shed and dispose of unnecessary items
- check your roof shingles, flashing and chimney
- remove all fallen leaves on a timely basis
- tidy up garage and dispose of unnecessary items
- have a garage sale, if appropriate…you’ll be too busy in Spring!
- finish any unfinished outdoor projects now!
- check and repair or replace any broken, stained or weathered patio stones or interlock. Re-seal, if appropriate.
- transplant or replace any perennials or shrubs that are past their former glory
- get any outdoor tools and equipment serviced now, so you don’t have to worry about it in the spring.
- contract outdoor professionals for quotes and do whatever jobs possible now, particularly if you are planning some significant work which is necessary to enhance marketability.